What do we eat to keep our hair healthy?
Discover the 7 categories of foods with the strongest effects on texture, appearance and hair health
1. Fish and seafood – rich in protein, Omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, iron and vitamin B12, fish and seafood promote glow, resistance and encourage hair growth.
2. Eggs, lentils – the increased content of biotin and iron, both essential for the scalp and the structure of hair follicles, these two are the ideal choices for those who want a healthier, more beautiful hair.
3. Nuts – rich in Omega-3 acids and zinc, nuts prevent hair loss and maximize strength, while leaving your hair full of vitality
4. Low-fat milk – the high protein content of casein prevents dehydration of the scalp as well as its subsequent irritation leading to itching and flaking.
5. Carrots – beta-carotene, a precursor of vitamin A, is one of the secrets of a shiny, healthy hair.
6. Green vegetables – major sources of vitamin A and vitamin C, they increase the production of sebum, with a protective role of both hair and scalp skin.
7. Poultry – if aiming to put the scissors away and grow long, attractive hair, eating chicken is the right choice for your daily meals. Full of protein, zinc, iron and vitamin B, poultry will help your have the hair of a diva.